Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Pad Will Always Return



Location: Pepperdine Dorms
Item: a magazine ad for an overnight lady-napkin, inexplicably taped onto a hallway bulletin board.

This cozy little feminine napkin (or "party favor" as we called them at G-Scout camp) advert, all tucked in for the night, first appeared on day one. I can't say whether or not it was there when we moved in, or if it was taped up in that chaotic first few hours of camp, but it amused and intrigued me.

Within a day, it had been torn down.

A day later, it returned. And it was NOT SHY ABOUT IT.



IT. WAS. BACK.

For what? Revenge? Out of love? Or was it sheer defiance?



The world will never know. It was gone again half a day later, the little corners still taped to the board where it had been ripped away.

So I guess the only person more amusing to me than this mystery pad-advocate (or "padvocate") is....the equally unknown person who REALLY HATES PICTURES OF PADS.

2 comments:

  1. That reminds me of this time I was in high school. Some biology class was making "Save the (insert animal here)" posters with facts of said animal, and posting them around. So I got on my computer (once a nerd, always a nerd) and made a poster with two pics of Matthew Broderick, and in the middle it said, "Save Ferris."

    I printed a couple and hung them above drinking fountains.

    They were gone by the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was your principal by any chance named Ed Rooney?

    If yes, then I think I've got a solid lead...

    ReplyDelete