Thursday, January 6, 2011

Tom Deininger is a Genius

Spent a week in Manhattan, which was...well, it was thrills on toast is what it was. We spent New Years in Times Square!




We also stayed in an apartment with less space than mine (albeit a far superior view) that cost more than I'll make in three lifetimes...and a fucking masterpiece in the lobby.


Oh, hey, look, it's a bunch of cool flowers sculpted onto a canvas! Pretty great. I'll ignore it for two days. Day three I'll get all up close and realize...

It's made of toys. The flowers are made of colored plastic toys and disposable items. There's an Alien. There's a McNugget. LOOK. AT. THEM.







I'm in love with it. I want to pry something off and keep it as a souvenir. I want to make my own that will look like a Happy Meal traffic jam with fatalities. I love Tom Deininger a lot. Look at more of his cool shit. You owe it to yourself.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go buy three pounds of glue sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment