Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Let California Ring!



I recently saw this commercial for a great organization...Let California Ring is dedicated to helping people understand the importance of supporting gay and lesbian marriage in California and the world. I spent vacation time as a child with my mother's good friend Julie and her partner and their daughter Jessica. I knew a man who died of AIDS when I was still young, another of my Mother's friends. When he died, his will and wishes were ignored. His family, who had rejected him decades earlier, arrived in town to claim the body. They weren't there to nurse him while he died. His partner of many years WAS. And that loving partner wasn't even allowed to attend the funeral. He had no rights legally to honor his loyal partner's dying wishes. If gay marriage were legal, this travesty wouldn't have happened.

I also recommend a documentary called For The Bible Tells Me So. It will really enlighten you, promise!



Let California Ring!

No comments:

Post a Comment