Saturday, November 21, 2009

Now, I Don't Know Much About Wrestling, But....

...has it always involved...um...guns?





And I quote:

"Wrestling dynasties have transformed the Utah wrestling scene. Rival teams compete for a state title for the right to be called "The Best". It is that time of sacrifice, dedication, and commitment. It is the time of WASATCH WRESTLING."

Ooh, I've got chills. What's not to love? The fact that they didn't even find prop tommy guns, but are clearly holding Dad's spare hunting rifles? Illegal use of a copyrighted film title to advertise a homoerotic grope-fest at the local high school gymnasium? A predominantly Mormon high school team posed against what is clearly an illustration of a speakeasy? (Hint: It's where the beers live!) Or even the fact that probably none of these kids even know what movie they're parodying? Makes perfect sense to me.

But I do think the fedoras are going to be problematic once they all start actually wrestling.

2 comments:

  1. Heh. Welcome back for the holidays. :D

    I think Mormons are okay with speakeasies. The chandeliers in the Manti Temple came from one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the coolest trivia tidbit about Manti I've ever heard in my life. :)

    It's also possibly the first trivia tidbit I've ever heard about Manti in my life.

    ReplyDelete