
So over on Beverly and Fairfax is a delightful cheapie theatre. It isn't a good-old-fashioned Salt Lake dollar theater (or "The Dollars" as we called em) but its the LA equivalent and just as fashionably run-down. While moseying over to watch me some Religilous (hilarious, btw) I walked past a place I've been walking past for ages when I worked over at Duck Soup (or "The Soup" as I called it) at Farmer's Market. To get to and from my car when I park on this particular street, I have to walk down a portion of street I refer to as Retirement Alley. You'll notice there are a plethora of nicknames in my life. Sue me. Two retirement homes are right across the street from each other, and apparently one of the favorite games of everyone in both of these buildings is Sit Out Front and Stare Blankly at Everyone Sitting in Front of the Opposite Old Folks Home!! I don't know how the point system works, but everyone seems really into it.
So imagine my surprise when I realize that one of these buildings seems to have lost its entire team...what was once SHALOM RETIREMENT HOTEL, formerly a mecca of old wrinkly Jews, has become...
SILVERADO SENIOR LIVING!
Yeehaw! I reckon we drove out all them Jews and are ready to settle this fine street with old cowboys of our own!
And the place isn't being slowly remodeled. EVERYONE IS GONE. Where did they go? Don't worry, I won't make a Warsaw joke. I'd rather not go to Hell today.

No comments:
Post a Comment